Tuesday, April 14, 2015

WRWDC #RockTheDrop RT Convention 2015


I can't believe April is already half over but since I have no control over time I guess I have to accept it. The good part of it all is that two very fun events are drawing near---well three actually. 

 The first is a book/scavenger hunt event called #RockTheDrop Operation Teen Book Drop 2015 on April 16th 

  Operation Teen Book Drop 2015 will be held in honor of Support Teen Literature Day on Thursday, April 16th. Want to join in the fun? Here's how you can get involved: 
  * Follow @readergirlz on Twitter and tweet #rockthedrop 
Print a bookmark (see the images through the link below) and put it into a book (or 10!) On April 16th, drop a book in a public spot (park bench, bus seat, restaurant counter?) Lucky finders will see that the book is part of the drop! 
*  Post about it! Save one of square images below and post it on your blog and social networks. 
Snap a photo of your drop and post it at the readergirlz Facebook page  and/or tweet the drop @readergirlz with the hashtag #rockthedrop 
  Visit our blogFacebook page, and  Twitter for more news and pictures before, during, and after the event!

http://www.readergirlz.com/tbd.html 

It's all very exciting. I am going to be dropping a copy of LEGENDARY and CLAIMING EXCALIBUR as a part of the fun :) Be sure to watch out for them and other great books. 

The second is a signing I am doing THIS FRIDAY is a signing with a few of my fellow authors from my WRWDC chapter of the RWA. We will be at the Books-A-Million in Westminster MD from 11 am to 2 pm. So many great authors so many great books.
  WRW Pre-Retreat Signing_web_v2-2   

The third is the RT Convention in Dallas, TX! This is my biggest and favorite book even of 
the year (outside any release of my books ;P )
  logo 
TeaStickersSmall-2

 I'm taking part in several events during the convention in addition to the Giant Book Fair and Teen Day parties on that Saturday May 16. 
~Tue 5/12- Spooky sleepover party 
~Wed 5/13- Burning Questions Panel 
~Wed 5/13- Mad Hatter Fantasy Tea Party
~Sat 5/16- Giant Book Fair YA Alley
~Sat 5/16- Teen Day Party 
~Sat 5/16- Speed Reading

There are great prizes, giveaways, books, prizes, swag and so much more that will rain down on the attendees of this great event. There are even some I'm going to be trying to get my hands on (an advanced copy of REAWAKENED by Colleen Houck among them!) 
 Click the PDF link below to see the 2015 Teen Day program 3.9.YA.Booklet.sm 

 All of this is coming up so quickly and I am just bursting with excitement! I have many great things lined up for the events. 
 <3 always LH