Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fall Fun

Fall is hands down my favorite season of the year! I love the beautiful colors of the changing trees, the slightly cooler temps, fall TV show premiers, the smell of the crisp, slightly chilled air and earth, hot cider and sweaters without heavy coats and scarfs! And all of this is not even taking into account Halloween, costumes and fun parties, pumpkin carving, spooky stories, candy apples, all kinds of yummy pumpkin soups and pastas and entrees and OF COURSE pumpkin pie with a huge helping of whip cream!
Can you see the pastry chef in me? LOL

    

I admit, I've never really tried to make my own candy/caramel/chocolate apples before this year, and I only did it because it was for a reception at my hotel. So experimenting with caramel recipes was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I love eating caramel and chocolate apples (and no one knows how to do decoration like Disney, when it comes to covered apples!) but I hate it when I eat one and the caramel sticks to my teeth and is chewy--and not in a good way.
Fortunately, the recipe I found was like....perfect! Delicious, soft, melt in your mouth and not stick to your teeth. One thing I found so funny was how many used only caramel candies they melted down to dip the apples in. But not our recipe! No sirie, we made ours from scratch. Yummy, and so pretty too :) They would have been great with a glass of wine or an apple ale!

 

   I just returned from Vienna, Austria and let me tell you, those Europeans know how to take full advantage of the foods in season. Pumpkin dishes were everywhere and every single one I had was beyond amazing! My absolute favorite was this pumpkin cream pasta with sage, rosemary and prawns. Simple, but beautiful, delicious and perfectly cooked pasta---not always an easy feat.

But enough about food for now, Let's talk LEGENDARY and the second book in the series CLAIMING EXCALIBUR. I am working with my publicists and several others to get the cover reveal for book 2 of my Legendary Saga all set, (if there are any readers or bloggers reading this who'd like to take part, shoot me an email) along with deciding what teasers and excerpts we want to use. You can click here to see the first official teaser from CLAIMING EXCALIBUR.
And if you have yet to enjoy the first book of my series, click this link http://tinyurl.com/m8wm76p to head over to Amazon and download the sample chapters, or buy the book!
Until then
<3 always LH