Wednesday, October 15, 2014

#OneVoice YA Authors Take A Stand Against Bullying

                                       
October is National Bullying Awareness Month. Entangled Teen partnered with Dear Teen Me to put together a campaign called YA Authors Take A Stand Against Bullying. Now I am not an author with Entangles Teen, I am with Omnific and Simon & Schuster. But bullying is still a pain and outrage that hits very close to home. I was the 1 in every 3 students that was bullied through elementary school all the way to college. Unfortunately bullying is something that exists even as an adult and in your work place.
  

Bullying can scar a person for life. It can have cause people to form problems creating bonds with others and truly being able to trust people. It causes low self-esteem, depression and can even lead to suicide.
Like I said, I have been bullied, all through out elementary school/ High school and even still, to this day, in my every day work life. Fortunately for me, after I had left college and entered the real world, I found two mentors who taught me how to stand up to bullies and helped me realize that I was better than what I let those bullies tell me I was. Because of them I have learned to shut out those bullies, pity them, and stand up for others who are being bullied and don't yet have that confidence to do it for themselves.
No one should have to face this alone.
We have to let kids/teens know that there is nothing wrong with them, and that they should pity those bullies and "friends that turn on them". Those types of people are more broken and hurt on the inside than anyone can imagine.
Everyone should have the chance to learn their own self worth and see just how special and beautiful and unique and wonderful they are, no matter what others may say or think.
And you don't have to be an author to take part in this, just take the pledge to stand against bullying each and every day ‪#‎OneVoice‬ ‪#‎YouAreNotAlone‬
And if you want to learn more, or read the articles from the Entangled Teen authors, click the link below.
 http://www.entangledteen.com/one-voice-ya-authors-take-a-stand-against-bullying/

  <3 always LH