Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z for Zombie vs Unicorn

Day 26 of the A to Z Challenge. Last offering:


Z is for Zombie vs Unicorn by Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan
BOOK BLURB:
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
COVER RATING: On a scale of 1-9
I would’ve personally gone for something a little more……more, I guess
MY THOUGHTS:
The last of the A to Z’s TBR shelf.
Now, I’m sure you can imagine, finding YA books that start with every letter of the alphabet can be kinds tricky…… Z was the third hardest to find, and that was because there just weren’t many choices.
I chose this one because it is a book of several stories, written by several authors, one of whom if Meg Cabot. Ah ha, now you see the reason I chose this one. I have the sample of Zombies vs Unicorns waiting for my on my iPad, but I admit, I’ll probably see if I can find this title at the library by my house, or maybe even at one of the bookstores and read the Meg Cabot story first.
If I like that I’ll probably read the others. My biggest hold off is this: I am not a Zombie fan. At all. But I love Unicorns! Who wouldn’t? Heck, one of my oldest friends still has pictures of us when we were seven and I was dressed up as a Unicorn for a party we threw for our imaginary friends.
And now that I’ve revealed a slightly mortifying memory for your reading pleasure, anyone out there read this book? If so drop me a line and let me know what you thought.
That said, I want to thank everyone for stopping by, taking the time to read my ramblings and follow me on social media! This challenge was a blast and I hope you found at least 1 new book to read or introduce someone too.

I also want to thank the authors who put up books as prizes for the giveaway! You all rock so hard! Today is the last day to enter in the giveaway so don’t delay!
There you go, the last offering on the A to Z Challenge! I hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did.

Later lovelies!
<3 L.H.

Find out more about the April A to Z blog challenge, and check out the other participants    

a Rafflecopter giveaway