Friday, April 18, 2014

P for The Princess Diaries

Day 16 of the A to Z Challenge. Today's offering:


P is for The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

BOOK BLURB:
She's just a New York City girl living with her artist mom...

News Flash: Dad is prince of Genovia. (So that's why a limo meets her at the airport!)

Downer: Dad can't have any more kids. (So no heir to the throne.)

Shock of the Century: Like it or not, Mia Thermopolis is prime princess material.

Mia must take princess lessons from her dreaded grandmére, the dowager princess of Genovia, who thinks Mia has a thing or two to learn before she steps up to the throne.

Well, her father can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face about her princessly duty--no way is she moving to Genovia and leaving Manhattan behind. But what's a girl to do when her name is Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?

COVER RATING: On a scale of 1-9
OK Meg Cabot is one of my heroes, and when I was a 13-year-old girl, yeah I loved this cover. Now not so much. Book’s still great!
MY THOUGHTS:
I admit I didn’t read book  5 and on in this series, but there is no denying the amazingness of this first book in the series. I could totally relate to Mia, loved her mom and Dad, hated her Grandma and loved her best friend Lilly. As I’m sure Meg intended.
The amazing thing about this book and series is that it’s influenced so many writers, look as some of the popular New Adult titles that are out now. Totally a more adult version of Princess Diaries.
And who can forget my fav actress Anne Hathaway staring as Mia in one of her first major movie rolls? I would even go as far as to say this movie launched her career!
This part is to Meg- you are one of my hero authors, inspirations and I LOVED meeting you last fall!

This book and all her series are AMAZING! I highly recommend reading them, if you love a good, draw you in YA book.

P.S. she also writes under the name Jenny Carol, and one of my favorite series by her is about to be re-launched! But more on that after the challenge. OMG still freaking out!
There you go, come back tomorrow for day 17!
Later lovelies!
<3 L.H.
Find out more about the April A to Z blog challenge, and check out the other