Thursday, April 10, 2014

I for Illuminate

Day 9 of the A to Z challenge. Today's offering:

I is for Illuminate by Aimee Agresti


BOOK BLURB:
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything changes when she is awarded a prestigious internship at a posh Chicago hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous strangers: the powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit. 

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

COVER RATING: On a scale of 1-9
I like this cover, but there just an over the top WOW factor missing for me. It’s nice, and it got my attention for a hot minute but…..

TBR- TO BE READ:
I marked this book as to be read back in mid 2012, but I have yet to get myself motivated to buy it/read it. There are many things about this that peaks my interest. One of the biggest being that it’s set in a hotel, and the main girl Haven is doing a sort of internship there. I work in the Hospitality industry (when I’m not writing, or even when I am, on occasion ;P )
I don’t see many YA books set in hotels, so points there. But I don’t know, I’m weary to put my time into it. I’ve had some friends read it and one was like “yeah, I think you’ll like it. The guys are totally hot and the romance is good” And the other was like “L, no way, it was way slow and Haven was kinda hard to relate to.”
Both girls know my reading preferences, likes and peeves so, like I said: I’m torn. After saying all this I am a little more motivated to read it, and the over 500 5 star reviews on goodreads helps me think I’ll like it. What do you guys think? Have any of you read it? Leave me your comments and don’t forget to enter in the fantastic giveaway!

There you go, come back tomorrow for day 10!
Later lovelies!
<3 L.H.
Find out more about the April A to Z blog challenge, and check out the other participants!
a Rafflecopter giveaway