Thursday, March 20, 2014

Legendary blog tour top 5 Arthurian tales

Hello my lovelies! I see Flora had fun on my pages yesterday. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as my Pixie seemed to. She kept chatting my ear off all day! LOL
Continuing my "special posts" celebrating the blog tour of Legendary I wanted to give you my top 5 List of Favorite all time reincarnations of King Arthur's story.
Now these will cover everything from movie to tv show to book. I can't tell you how hard it was to pick only five but, I've done it, just for all of you! SO here we go!
  1.  Merlin_Poster_final2 BBC Merlin: So I won't go into too much detail, mostly because I have a guest blog post coming soon that will explain why this is one of my favorite and most inspirational sources. Needless to say this was an AMAZING tv show for so many reasons! I wish it hadn't ended, but as a fan of this show I think I can safely say Legendary will be a perfect way to continue to get your "new" fix of Merlin and King Arthur!
  1.  2006 tristan+isolde Tristan and Isolde: I was still working at Walt Disney World when this movie was released. I remember it was pitched as "before Romeo and Juliet, there was Tristan and Isolde". I love Romeo and Juliet so I was way beyond on board with going to see this movie. But once I did I remember walking away saying: "This wasn't Romeo and Juliet! These guys are nuts! This was the love triangle story of King Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot!" All in all, a fab movie! Now I want to go watch it again.......
  1.  220px-Mists_of_Avalon-1st_ed Mists of Avalon: A 1983 novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I fully admit it has been a while since I've read this book, but It as always stuck with me. I saw the movie first, hen read the book, and was surprised with how easily the two translated for me.
  1.  220px-Movie_poster_king_arthur King Arthur: I'm pretty sure this was the first Arthurian tale I saw that King Arthur and Camelot was based in the 5th century, based on the Roman historical version instead of the 12th century. Plus the fact the Kira Knightly starred guaranteed that I would see it! I love Kira as an actress!
  1.  170px-CamelotPoster Camelot: This was another great TV show that I actually called my cable company and got premium channels, jus tot see this show! I loved the concept and the artwork and all the promo that I was seeing for this show. I can understand why it only had a one season run, there was definitely a lot I would've done differently and that is part of what I put into Legendary!

There you have it. My top 5 favorite Arthurian stories, but there is one more that makes honorable mention--mostly because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sean Connery. *******First Knight!
To see the other blogs partaking in this 3 day blog tour check out Irish Banana Reviews and my dear friend MissLittleBookAddict's house of books
<3 always LH
All photos came from boards on Pinterest

a Rafflecopter giveaway