Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Movie fixations

I apologize for the long absence, I have been working furiously on edits for Legendary and writing book 2 of the series. I am finally at a happy place for both so I wanted to talk about MOVIES!

So I have few things that de-stress me after a crazy day of work and writing: those are Movies and TV shows. I have already done a bit on my favorite shows of the new TV season but I wanted to talk about movies.
I'll start with he one I've seen most recently: Frozen
Pictures owned by Disney

I had some expectations going into the movie and some questions, the biggest question being what's the whole plot. From what I gathered from the previews I thought the sisters were separated from childhood and there was no clear storyline outside her searching for her sister.
So I was pleasantly surprised when the movie started (and I was so excited because I went early in the day so I was the only person in the theater!) and I got most of my questions answered. 
My thought over all: Disney has out done themselves again! 
I loved the movie and the music and the animation and the plot. It is everything we've come to expect from Disney Pixar movies and so much more. 
I will admit to not being the best at picking up what is going to happen in movies, TV and books but I have gotten much better since I started writing. But the Frozen writers hit me with a curve ball I didn't see coming. And I LIKED IT!
I would totally recommend you going and checking out FROZEN if you can!

Now on to other great movies for this year. I won't go into why I love each movie But I will give you the list of my top 10 (excluding Frozen since we've covered that)

  1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 
  2. Man of Steel
  3. Thor: the Dark World
  4. Now You See Me
  5. Jack the Giant Slayer
  6. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
  7. Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
  8. Paranoia
  9. Olympus has Fallen
  10. The Fifth Estate
Interesting mix right? True several of these movies didn't really hit the blockbuster status of others but I don't pick my favorite movies on their sales or the opinion of critiques. I pick movies that grab my attention and ALL of these movie have many things I love about them. Those things vary from starring many of my favorite actors, VERY HOTTT actors, great story plots, amazing action sequences and outstanding world building and special effects.
SO that being said I need to get back to the grind and get the next chapter of Legendary #2 started; and hopefully finished tomorrow!
till next time lovelies!
<3 always
L.H.